Re: Powerpoint > Extracting figures/images

Subject: Re: Powerpoint > Extracting figures/images
From: cchris -at- toptechwriter -dot- us
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:50:36 -0600

Hi, Dan

I didn't see Bill's message, but here's what I'd do:

If you're on OS X:
Print the PowerPoint file as a Postscript file, then open it in Preview.
Preview will convert the .ps to a .pdf. Do a Save As to save the file,
then open it in any line art application (Illustrator or FreeHand will do)
or in Photoshop. Edit and save as TIFF or EPS and you're done.

If you're on OS 9 or using Windows:
Print the PowerPoint file as a Postscript file, then convert it to PDF
using Adobe Distiller. Open the PDF in a line art application or in
Photoshop, edit as needed and save as TIFF or EPS. That's it.

Regards,
Chris
TopTechWriter.US
http://www.toptechwriter.us
Award-winning technical writing and illustration services.

> Hi folks,
> I'm down on one knee, I'm not worthy, your greatness. My tools are the
> worst, Macintoshes suck and I'm a bad tech writer, ok, there, I critici=
> zed
> myself so you don't need to. Now may I submit a query to the great ones=
> ?
>
> Bill, thanks again for telling me how to get the figures out of a word
> document.
>
> Does anyone know how, or if it's possible to extract figures or images =
> from
> a Powerpoint presentation?
>
> Bowing on exit. Thank you. I'm forever indebted to you.
>
> Dan--Ft. Lauderdale=

>From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed
http://www.doctohelp.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com