Subject: TECHWR-L ADD Therapy
From: Andrew Plato <gilliankitty -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:43:49 -0700 (PDT)

I know I don't say much these days, but seriously folks...the on-line therapy
session here is a little off-topic.

Moreover ... I say this about once a month now...You (collectively) really
should think twice about some of the things you post. Revealing personal
information, particularly medical information, can have very detrimental
side-affects. Potential employers search the Internet, and your comments are
now enshrined for eternity in Google.

Furthermore, there are a lot of people who think ADD/ADHD is one of those
"modern illnesses" that is seriously over-diagnosed thanks to profit hungry
pharmaceutical and medical community and a "its not my fault" culture. That's
something to keep in mind when you post these things to a public forum. Not
everybody will read your posts and be sympathetic.

With that, I will leave you with my wisdom that will undoubtly be misunderstood
by a fair number of people...

The truest measure of a person is how they overcome their weaknesses, not how
they wallow in them. Everybody has problems. Everybody has illness. History is
filled with examples of how people overcame their illnesses or weaknesses to
become great artists, scientists or leaders. Illness is not an excuse, its a
challenge.

And with that, I go back to sifting through packet captures.

Andrew Plato

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com