Re: What Does One Do With A Tech Writing Intern

Subject: Re: What Does One Do With A Tech Writing Intern
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- alltel -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 00:06:55 -0400

One thing that interns can do is to read material that
is supposed to be for naive readers, and report all the
things that they find confusing. None of the seasoned
tech writers or the SMEs can do this job because they know
too much already.

Your intern is good at this job only once, and then is
spoiled by having learned too much. Use 'em while
they're fresh!

Susan W. Gallagher <sgallagher5 -at- cox -dot- net> wrote:

Linda,
I ran an internship program at a previous job and would
welcome the chance to do so again. Interns bring a fresh
perspective and a bundle of enthusiasm to any team. ...

From: Linda Castellani <lindac -at- opsware -dot- com>

We have been interviewing candidates for an internship,
and we are considering what tasks an intern might perform. ...

in Help authoring technology, featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author support, PDF and XML support and much more! http://www.macromedia.com/go/techwrldemo
COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com