RE: FWD: Managing managers and cell phones

Subject: RE: FWD: Managing managers and cell phones
From: peemo -at- hotmail -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:36:31 -0600

Bruce:

When one types "paternally," I must chime in, for I've been in this
business since Al invented the Internet.

I respect your opinions and believe as you do, that you two Bruces would
not be happy working for the same employers. And I believe it is a
great thing that you both recognize the kind of managers you would enjoy
working
with.

It's a matter of how much respect one is comfortable with from their
managers. Such a waste of time does not seem respectful to me. And I,
too, have left my chair in the boss's office when he took a long phone
call. In my opinion, that is respectful of his privacy as well. My
managers never took offense at such behavior.

I'm old enough to pass on those jobs that have managers who exhibit a
penchant to waste time continually in the way described.

I am particulary blessed that I don't mind working at a bookstore if I
must in order to find an environment that suits me. And I'm also lucky
that my skills are such I've not had to do so.

A stimulating conversation, all 'round.

Pam

> Hi, Bruce:
>
> Certainly got your dander up, didn't I?
>
> Fortunately for both of us, I suspect a company that would hire you,
> wouldn't hire me and a company that would hire me, wouldn't hire you.
> However, to offer a bit of paternal advice, you do have an attitude problem
> that's going to give you problems no matter what type of manger you work
> under.
>
> Yours in independence with Ted Turner, Frank Stronach and all the old robber
> barons.

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com