RE: Query on WebWorks Publisher Professional 2003 for Framemaker

Subject: RE: Query on WebWorks Publisher Professional 2003 for Framemaker
From: David Demyan <ddemyan -at- coppercom -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:15:23 -0400

Premal queried:

> I have a query. I am using the WebWorks Publisher Professional
> 2003 for Framemaker tool to create a WinHelp project(online help),
> It Automatically generates the <project name>.h file(map file).
> My query is- How to assign a map id (number) to each topic manually?

This is easily done by embedding a <filename> marker in each heading
that is to break to a topic and assign the hardcode filename to the
topic. For example, if the heading text is "Using the Main Window"
and you want the filename to be "Using_the_Main_Window.htm," go to
the FrameMaker source file, click your cursor in the heading text
anywhere, create a new marker there called "Filename" and assign
the filename in the dialog as "Using_the_Main_Window.htm." Then
rebuild the help. You will find that custom filename assigned to
the file instead of the autogenerated one.

Dave Demyan
CopperCom

NOTE: This message, including any attachments, may include privileged,
confidential and/or inside information. Any distribution or use of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from
your system. Thank you.

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com