Looking for points of view from visual learners

Subject: Looking for points of view from visual learners
From: Sharon Burton <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:24:14 -0700

I've surveyed my users and they are kinesthetic and visual learners. What that
means for the manuals is they like procedures and pictures.

Given that, I am looking for points of view. I am working on the reports section
of this manual. I have the steps for generating a report - there are 7 reports -
and a description of what you see in each report. What I am wondering is if you
visual learners out there would like to see an example report as well?

My thoughts are back and forth on this. The users know generally what is in each
report, why do they want to see an example too? What value does this add to
them? Since I'm not real visual, the answer for me is "not much".Given that they
are visual and I am not, my gut may not be the best guide here.

And if I show example reports, do I show them in the chapter in place, thus
making each topic that talks about a report pretty long (even if I shorten the
example) or do I put them at the end of the chapter or ?

Can the visual learners weigh in here, please?

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
909-369-8590

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com