WebWorks vs. RoboHelp

Subject: WebWorks vs. RoboHelp
From: "Michele Guthrie" <michele -dot- guthrie -at- voxpath -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:57:11 -0500

Hello. I've just joined the list, and I wonder if people would share
information and experiences in regard to WebWorks vs. RoboHelp.

We are currently using HTML to create online help files, but we're
moving to a JavaHelp system. I did some research and after reading that
it was much more difficult (and problematic) to use RoboHelp to convert
FrameMaker docs to JavaHelp, We also want to move toward single-sourcing
in the near future. I had decided to puchase WebWorks Publisher. Now,
though, I have had a couple of people tell me that RoboHelp for
FrameMaker has solved many of the compability problems, and that it's a
better program than WWP.

Can someone with knowledge and/or experience with these two programs, in
conjunction with FrameMaker, give me some advice? Thank you!

Michele Guthrie
Technical Publications Lead
Voxpath Networks, Inc.
7600B N. Capital of Texas Hwy.
Suite 220
Austin, TX 78731
Direct: 512.615.3952
Fax: 512.346.6689
michele -dot- guthrie -at- voxpath -dot- com

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com