FrameMaker 7 with Wine?

Subject: FrameMaker 7 with Wine?
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 11:23:25 -0400

(I sent this yesterday, but it never appeared in my inbox,
so I'm guessing it didn't get to the list... also, no answers
appeared... so I'm sending again.)

Has anyone successfully run FrameMaker 7 from Linux, using Wine?
(I've got FM installed on Windows 2000 on a dual-boot system.

Wine says:

Could not stat /media/floppy (no such file or directory), ignoring drive A:
fixme:win32:SetCriticalSectionSpinCount critsection=0x40de98e0: spincount=20
not supported
(... a bunch of similar lines)
fixmedialog:MSGBOX_OnInit task modal msgbox ! Not modal yet.

The last thing that it does before barfing is to display a Windows
error message box:

Error
X The version stamp is missing from the FrameMaker resource file
Z\windows\c\Program Files\Adobe\FrameMaker7.0\fminit\fmres.dll

I'm running (attempting...) this on my laptop, which is my
regular working machine, on which I use FrameMaker daily. It
does not have a floppy drive, and I don't know why FM or wine
would want one.

The windows directories are "mounted" and browsable before I
attempt to invoke wine and FM.

It's not critical, but it surely would be fine to run FM without
needing to reboot from Linux.

The Linux is SuSE 9.1 Pro, which means 2.6 kernel.

Kevin

--
The following text added by my employer, outside my control:
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be

COMPONENTONE DOC-TO-HELP 7 PROFESSIONAL: From a single set of Word documents, create online Help and printed documentation. New version offers yearly subscription service, Natural Search, Modular TOC Utility, Image Map Editor, Theme Designer, Context String Editor, plus more. http://www.componentone.com/doctohelp .

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com