RE: opposite of 'assert' -- 'de-assert' OR 'deassert'?

Subject: RE: opposite of 'assert' -- 'de-assert' OR 'deassert'?
From: liss_clark -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:26:48 -0600

Just fyi, it has to do with a specific hardware issue related to a chip.

Here's an example from a Motorola data sheet I found on the web:
Any General-Purpose I/O (GPIO) pin can be used to implement Chip Select
for the Serial EEPROM, as long as the pin is kept deasserted any time the
EEPROM is not in use.

It looks like if Motorola is using it without a hyphen, I guess I just
found my answer.

Melissa

> I am not sure the context in which you are using the term. However, I would
> suggest "deny," "refute," or even "disagree with." If you present the
> sentence, we would have a better idea of how you are trying to use the term.
>
> Time

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com