Repost - PDF and XP

Subject: Repost - PDF and XP
From: "Lisa Bronson" <Lisa -dot- Bronson -at- ipaper -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:47:29 -0500

[cross-posted to Framers and Techwr-l]

I did not receive a single on or off-list response to this query, so I am
posting again to see if anyone has any suggestions. One additional bit of
information I thought of after I posted Monday is that we are using Acrobat
5.0 and Frame 7.0.

We are in the process of getting new computers and going from Windows 2000
to Windows XP.

One of my coworkers has gotten his new computer, and is having difficultly
making pdf's the way he used to. Previously, in the Print dialog box, he
checked "Generate Acrobat Data," but unchecked "Print to File." Under
Windows 2000, he was prompted for a location to save the pdf, and then the
pdf was generated. When he tries to use that method now, he is prompted for
a location to save the pdf, but Frame hangs, and he gets nothing except a
Printer error.

I have always made pdf's using the Print to File method, with watched
folders set up in Distiller. Printing to File works on his new system, but
he'd rather use the other method. I have not yet received my new PC, so I
can't test the problem he's having on my system.

Has anyone else seen this when moving from Windows 2000 to XP? If so, were
you able to resolve it, or did you have to change to the Print to File
method?

Thanks for your help!
Lisa B.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com