FrameMaker integration with SharePoint 2003 and Office 2003

Subject: FrameMaker integration with SharePoint 2003 and Office 2003
From: John Cook <john -dot- cook -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:04:51 -0500

Greetings:

Managers in our company are discussing ways to change / improve the
way we do our documentation. One of the initiatives being pressed
involves using Office 2003 apps (specifically, Word) to apply
properties to words or phrases ("tagging them") so that they can be
searched for in SharePoint 2003.

We currently use FrameMaker and WebWorks to produce the bulk of our
documentation. The feeling that I'm getting is that this new
procedure would be very Word-heavy.

Accepting that some smaller docs might be created with Word, we'd
prefer to continue to produce the bulk of our longer docs with our
existing software. Is there a way to get FrameMaker to play with
SharePoint? Does anyone have experience using Frame and SharePoint?

Regards,

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com