Re: Policies for Subcontracting (Was: Job Banks and STC)

Subject: Re: Policies for Subcontracting (Was: Job Banks and STC)
From: Lee Hunter <lee -dot- hunter -at- hum -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:38:10 -0400

David Neeley wrote:

Lee, I do not believe it is at all absurd that an agency
>"demands that you not seek work with one of their clients"
>if the agency is going to present your bio to that company.

Certainly in the case where the agency is, with your consent, actively promoting you to any specific company it is quite reasonable that they ask that you not undercut their efforts.

My understanding from Stephen's web site was that he was offered one job but had to promise not to deal with any of their clients. Period. That seems unreasonable to me. Some of the larger agencies deal with nearly everyone in town. It wouldn't make sense to cut myself off from all potential clients because I got one job through an agency.

Lee Hunter - Technical Editor & Information Architect

------ http://www.hum.com ------- 613-282-1904 ------

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com