RE: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community

Subject: RE: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:23:19 -0500

-----Kat Nagel wrote:-----
Not necessarily. I've checked out several SIGs by contacting the SIG
president or membership manager (the names are available even to
non-members on the STC web site). In most cases, they've sent me one
or more issues of the SIG newsletter, subscribed me to their email
discussion list, and introduced me to several SIG members who live in
my area. Some of the SIGs proved interesting enough for me to plunk
down the SIG membership fee. Others turned out not to be as useful
for me as I expected.
--------------------------

Thanks for the info, Kat. I wasn't aware that you could access much of
anything in the SIGs if you hadn't joined them first (I haven't tried in a
while because I was disappointed last time). Maybe things have changed, or
maybe I just had the bad luck of picking the wrong SIGs to pursue.

Guess I'd better re-investigate what's available on the STC site further
before I condemn all of the SIGs out of hand. :-/ I just put in a request
to join the Yahoo group for my local chapter, as well, so I'll see what they
have to offer before I say any more opinions about the usefulness of STC. As
some people have said, it's as valuable as you choose to make it be. If I
sit here and do nothing to get involved, it's not worth a hill of beans. But
if I look into what they have to offer, I might find something of value.
(No, that's not meant as a lecture at anyone--other than at myself!)

(sitting here with my foot in my mouth)
Donna

- CONFIDENTIAL -
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete
this email.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com