Re: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community

Subject: Re: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:31:49 -0400

Mike O. wrote:
> Bonnie Granat wrote:
>>>
>>> MaggiRos wrote:
>>> Maybe Eric could prepare a formal RFP for distribution to
>>> interested parties.
>>
>> Interested parties are probably getting one of those
>> after they write to Eric.
>
> I hope this is the case... so far it seems all the well-meaning
> grassroots efforts to offer a solution come to a halt due to the
> nonavailability of hard technical and financial information such as:
>
> - Number of subscribers
> - Bandwidth requirements, broken out for mail vs web operations
> - List of assets/liabilities
> - Current revenues and costs
> - Asking price
>
> In short, a standard business valuation. I don't believe anybody will
> be willing to mount a serious offer without knowing these parameters.

Only prospects that sign an NDA get to see that. I think that Eric
probably handled this through normal business processes and that
notifying us was a courtesy. Nobody has contacted me so that I can pass
along their contact information to my ISP, with whom I have a business
and a personal association, so I assume that nobody here is interested
in running the editorial end of things. Or maybe some folks are talking
among themselves about doing something and I'm just out of the loop.

Off this topic, do any of you get an e-mail in German immediately after
you post to the list? I get one that says something about the address
not being a real address and please do something, but I'm not sure it's
just not coincidence. I think I'm going to watch and see if after I send
this, another one comes.

Also, did anyone get a brochure recently from a "Manuals Corporation of
America" about documentation seminars?

Bonnie Granat
www.GranatEdit.com
Technical Editing and Writing / Cambridge, Mass.
617-319-7461

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com