Re: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community

Subject: Re: ADMIN: An Open Letter to the TECHWR-L Community
From: Greg Holmes <greg -dot- holmes -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 07:19:21 -0400

"TechComm Dood" wrote:

>We don't need a freakin' committee. Let Eric and Deb make their
>sale/deal. I'm sure it will be beneficial to all.
>
>Please don't forget that Techwr-L is not an entitlement or a
>personal piece of property.

Er, did anybody say that it was?

Since you're bringing it up, I'll point out that the main content
(though not the hosting and bandwidth) does come from the list
members. But I haven't seen anybody make your straw man
argument that Techwr-L is an entitlement. A few of us
pointed out one possible idea for handling the hosting and
bandwidth requirements (a Yahoo Group). Some others
suggested a way to keep things on track after a sale (via
committee). These were apparently not the desired ideas :)
But I don't see why it is so awful that they were even
suggested.

>Posting your opinion on the fate of techwr-l here does no one any
>good.

Um, the open letter ("to the TECHWR-L Community", no less)
went to the list. Something sent to a discussion list is
generally fair game for discussion. And the perfectly logical
outcome is that discussion ensued.

Greg Holmes

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com