RE: Writing technique (might previously have been literate minori ty)

Subject: RE: Writing technique (might previously have been literate minori ty)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:01:09 -0400

Goldstein, Dan persuaded his keyboard to say:

> > ... I can't remember the last time I read a post from somebody
> > who talked about writing for medical devices...
>
> Do an Advanced Google for "medical device" on raycomm.com
>
> We are on the list (Hi, Diane! H, Kat!), and we occasionally
> post about our
> work.

Oh, I know I can *find* a few stray posts if I search. That
wasn't the point. Given the size of the health-care industry
and the number of companies that are making diagnostic and
treatment devices, drugs, solutions, potions, lotions...
you'd think that they would be much more strongly represented
here. As I said, other industries *are* represented on CE-L,
but that's the editing perspective. Yet it suggests that
those editors are editing the work of writers in those other
genres, but we don't hear from the writers (here in the
techWRITERs mailing list).

It's not that all of us computer/software/telecomm folk are
particularly boring and dreary, it's just that I'd like to
see some other flavors and viewpoints represented. Or maybe
they have their own lists, without us riff-raff. :-)

You and Diane and Kat and one of the Lisas (offlist) represent
a rather small percentage of however-many-thousand subscribers
to Techwr-l... a smaller percentage than the massive size of
that (health-care / medical) industry would seem to warrant.

I guess nobody in here will admit to working with Burt Rutan
to document SpaceShip One...? :-)

Kevin

--
The following text added by my employer, outside my control:
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com