RE: Important Stuff They Don't Teach In Tech Writing School Was Re: School vs experience...

Subject: RE: Important Stuff They Don't Teach In Tech Writing School Was Re: School vs experience...
From: "Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:28:37 -0400

This is apparently the management philosophy at Tony's workplace. It is not
the philosophy at any company I have ever worked for. YMMV

> * There is no correlation at all between good
> grammar and good technical communications.

I have seen users assume that technical documentation was technically faulty
and unreliable, simply because of flagrantly poor spelling and grammar. If
the users don't think the manual is reliable, then it fails the "good
technical communications" test. YMMV

Dan Goldstein

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com