RE: Previous employer contacts

Subject: RE: Previous employer contacts
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:54:57 -0700

Quoting Suzanne -dot- Cole -at- pattersondental -dot- com:

> It would make more sense to screen out people based on qualifications
> first, then run the background and drug screening only on those who might
> be legitimate candidates.

Maybe I'm just a contrarian. But does it strike anyone else that background
checks and drug screening are a form of natural selection? The ones who have
something to hide are simply those inept enough or unlucky enough to get caught.
Those who hide well enough slip through. So perhaps screening doesn't really
exclude the undesirables. Perhaps it just ensures that only the really devious
ones slip in.

Come to think of it, that would explain a lot about the corporate world ;->

But what do I know? I'm just a Canadian looking south and shaking my head in
wonder, and feeling very glad that the madness hasn't slipped across the border
- yet.

--
Bruce Byfield

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com