Re: Updating Resume?

Subject: Re: Updating Resume?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:53:27 -0700

I'm not a "non U.S. folk," but having spent a lot of the past few years
working with global companies, I would agree with that. It seems to
me that the factors that contribute to this are our incredibly hurried
and impersonal business style (condense everything because it's going
to be skimmed rather than actually read) and our obsession with the
idea that youth is somehow more valued than experience (if it's too
long and goes too far back you may look too old). It's not that other
countries don't move at a fast pace or have a love affair with youth,
but both just seem more intense here than in other countries I've
experienced in my work.

Gene Kim-Eng