re: contract length

Subject: re: contract length
From: "Sherry Michaels" <sherry -dot- michaels -at- docntrain -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:21:15 -0700

Jim Barrow wrote:
<< "Does that sound like something that would interest you?"
Thank you, but I've already been submitted to Honda."
"How can that be? This job posting doesn't open until next Monday. Are you
sure you were submitted for *this* job?"

Well, gee, you got me. The words that just came out of your mouth are word
for word what's written on the Dice website, so I'm pretty sure.>>

This is a great twist. It looks as if several recruiters are being "played,"
along with Dice, Monster, etc. We do not go after internet posted positions,
because our focus is different. We are after projects, and usually our sales
process is between 2 months and 6 months long. We only staff after we know
("know" is defined as between 80% and 95% sure) we have the project. Because
of that, most of the chaos you've experience is avoided. By the way, even at
95% sure, odd things come up. Because the economy has created such an
"interesting" environment, we do not count a project as "ours" until the
contract is signed, and actually begun. We also brief the contractors to
these little details. The more data on the table, the better for everyone.

<<Then there's the calls I get from recruiters who ask. "You were already
submitted for this position? When? Maybe there's still time to get you
in.">>

No comment. Alright, maybe just one: UGH!

Sherry
Sherry Michaels
Michaels & Associates, LLC
11639 E. Wethersfield Rd.