RE: Another question I've had for years...

Subject: RE: Another question I've had for years...
From: "Jones, Donna" <DJones -at- zebra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:27:26 -0400

-----Diane Evans wrote:-----
<snip>
My other favorite answer is that, if they won't give me the information I
need, I will make it up and send out a draft. Nothing gets SMEs upset
faster than that. The phone rings: "We aren't going to do it that way!" I
answer: "What way are you going to do it?"

It works every time.
</snip>

That was going to be my response as well. If I can't get information out of
someone, I make something up based on what I can find or how I think
something should work and send it out for review. The reluctant SME can
either change things to match my documentation (which sometimes happens) or
tell me how the documentation needs to change (their preferred method).
Because the SMEs have to sign off on the documentation at some point, they
can only ignore me so much. :-)

Happy Friday!
Donna

- CONFIDENTIAL -
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also
be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not
review, use, copy, or distribute this message. If you receive this email in
error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete
this email.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com