RE: Carpal Tunnel

Subject: RE: Carpal Tunnel
From: "Beth Agnew" <Beth -dot- Agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:36:48 -0400

I have just written a book about how water -- plain, simple tap water
even -- can alleviate all kinds of inflammation, fatigue, and pain-based
ailments. Bottom line is to drink a LOT more water than you normally do,
because most of us are chronically dehydrated.

Inflammation is often caused by a buildup of toxins at the site --
exacerbated when we overuse the muscles and tendons, causing more rapid
elimination of wastes from the cells. But since we are dehydrated, the cell
debris is not removed as quickly as it should be, therefore inflammation can
result.

Though the recommended minimum is eight 8 oz glasses of water a day, we
should really be taking in half our body weight in water per day. Just try
drinking a lot more water than you usually do and see if your symptoms are
reduced or eliminated. It can't hurt you, unless you are prone to pulmonary
edema or have non-functioning kidneys. And it costs nothing but time and the
willingness to try it.
--Beth

Beth Agnew
Professor, Technical Communication
Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
416-491-5050 x3133

So...what have you-guys done when you experienced these symptoms? It
seems that typing doesn't cause me problem, but using my mouse for
long periods does.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com