Re: First Thing's (?) First

Subject: Re: First Thing's (?) First
From: Wade Courtney <wade -dot- courtney -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:41:25 -0700

Well, "Thing" is a noun not a verb and as such "thing's" cannot be a
contraction for "thing is". The second way it is written would make
thing possessive in which case you would be talking about Thing's
first something, first kiss, first hotdog, first girlfriend. But I
didn't get to watch the Addams family much so I know very little about
Thing.

Wade

--
Wade Courtney