Word problems: linking vs embedding objects

Subject: Word problems: linking vs embedding objects
From: Andrew Westcombe <asw -at- acay -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:13:23 +1000

Hi Folks,

I suspect that this topic is a bit old hat, but I haven't found an answer on the web yet ....

Have any of you encountered problems when linking objects into Word (esp. Visio or Flowcharter gfx) that were resolved by embedding these same objects? My boss has some vague memories of severe file corruption and whatnot that came about from linked files.

Write to me offlist with any comments, advice or workarounds. Thanks!

Andrew W.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com