Re: Translation: Word vs Framemaker vs Indesign

Subject: Re: Translation: Word vs Framemaker vs Indesign
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:25:14 -0700

Quoting Catherine Buck <cbuck -at- xillix -dot- com>:

> This message is about what program to use as the target and possible as the
> source (input) for translating a manual

Have you considered OpenOffice.org?

It supports Polish, Czech, and Turkish, and it's free. It also has features for
conditional text. Moreover, if you search for and download the ExtendedPDF macro
you can export directly to PDF with bookmarks and links. Although many people
think of it as a word processor, it's actually closer to FrameMaker in its
capabilities and logic than MS Word.

My apologies to all those who are tired of hearing this suggestion from me.
However, it seems a more practical solution - and a far cheaper one, too.

--
Bruce Byfield

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com