Re: Page numbering

Subject: Re: Page numbering
From: jsokohl -at- mac -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:05:39 -0600

> attached to the core doc. The core doc is numbered 1,
> 2, 3.... and the addendum is numbered I, II, III....

Well, though I'd design the doc to be consecutive pagination, that's not
probably a choice here. Still, if you use page x of y syntax, does that
mean in the addendum you have "page IV of 20" or "page IV of XX"? Yet
another reason to avoid Roman numerals altogether. I think, though, if
your goal of having an "of x pages" construct is to inform the reaer where
they are in the doc, then you have to indicate the "twentyness" of the
document, if you will.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com