RE: Code comments as documentation?

Subject: RE: Code comments as documentation?
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:13:16 -0400

Geoff, I do this (using code comments for documentation) and it works
great. I add an introduction, information about the purpose of the
different modules, why you should use them, how they can be used to
produce x and y and then just provide the API descriptions extracted
from the code.

I'm lucky I guess, because playing in the code is not really an issue in
my company, so I can really comment each class, method, parameter... As
I would if I was doing it from scratch.

France

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com