report-layout term needed

Subject: report-layout term needed
From: Suzanne -dot- Cole -at- pattersondental -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:32:02 -0500

For printed financial detail reports, I'm drawing a complete blank on a
term for printing a control group once on the report in the first row only,
as a 'heading' for the related detail rows until the next control break.
So--what do I tell the programmer to do when they're printing the same
'heading' on every detail line? I'm sure we had a particular term for it,
once upon a time back in my COBOL and BAL days. (Maybe I've been out of
that game a little too long...)

Offlist replies and any deserved remarks related to "senior moments" would
be welcome.


ROBOHELP X5: Featuring Word 2003 support, Content Management, Multi-Author
support, PDF and XML support and much more!

WEBWORKS FINALDRAFT: New! Document review system for Word and FrameMaker
authors. Automatic browser-based drafts with unlimited reviewers. Full
online discussions -- no Web server needed!

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as:
archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Send administrative questions to lisa -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: RE: Another question I've had for years...
Next by Author: Telecommuting
Previous by Thread: Extracting text from Adobe file
Next by Thread: Need example of poor writing

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads