Re: PDF to Word or TXT

Subject: Re: PDF to Word or TXT
From: Iliana Kostova <i_kostadinova -at- prosyst -dot- bg>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:34:37 +0200

James MacDougall wrote:

Whirlers,

I have several thousand pages of PDF text that I need to convert to a Word
or text file. The hitch is that the text are all in columns, so a simple
copy and paste won't do, and a page by page copy and paste with the table
text select tool in Adobe is my vision of hell.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Hi James,

My Adobe Acrobat 6 is capable of converting PDF files into Word documents, HTML, TXT, RTF, etc. The only thing to do is use the Save As command from the File menu.

But as far as price is concerned, using Acrobat seems to be the most expensive solution.

Best Regards,
Iliana

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com