RE: ADMIN: New Poll Question

Subject: RE: ADMIN: New Poll Question
From: mlist -at- safenet-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:16:36 -0500

Bruce Byfield

> Robin Kelsey wrote:
> > How did it get so nasty in here?
> >
> > Bruce, it's not just you by any means, but you're part of
> it. You are
> > obviously trying to pick a fight. Saying you aren't doesn't make any
> > difference. In no sense are you "simply asking."
>
> It may be obvious to you, but it's not at all obvious to me.
> I asked a
> question that I'm genuinely curious about, and I took some effort to
> indicate that I wasn't taking sides.
>
> I'm sorry that you have misunderstood my intention, but I
> honestly don't
> see where the nastiness comes in.

I didn't see it either.
But then, I see a difference between "provocative of thought"
versus "provocative of resentment/rage/etc." I'll take you
at your word that you were curious and looking to provoke
thought, not antagonism, cuz that's how I read the question.

Of course, people who are uncomfortable with their answer
to the question might have a different perception, as might
the "Professionally Offended".(*)

Kevin

(* Those who practice "Offense Theft (TM)" which is the taking
of offense where none is offered.) <big honkin' smiley, here>

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com