Research Questionnaire

Subject: Research Questionnaire
From: davidm -at- skynet -dot- ie
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 06:10:30 -0700

Hello to all. I'm David Martin, a first time poster. I'm a twenty-three
year old Irish male currently studying for a Graduate Diploma In Technical
Communication in the University Of Limerick. As part of my course, I am
researching which software packages are used by technical communicators
and how often they are used, through a questionnaire. I'd appreciate it if
anyone here would fill out the questionnaire posted below and email it to
me at the given address. No personal data is required, since all of the
questions are about software. Thank you for your time.

Course Website: http://www.ul.ie/techcomm/GradDip/introduction.htm

===============================

Declaration Of Informed Consent

===============================

I, the respondent, hereby consent by replying to this questionnaire to
take part in a
research project that is part of a course assessment for the TW5221
module,
Theory of Technical Communication, at the University of Limerick.
The nature of this study is as follows:

Title: "Study Of Software Packages Used In Technical Communication"

Purpose: In this study we intend to discover just what software packages
technical communicators
use most often in their work. The feedback consists of a few questions on
this matter.

I declare that I have been fully briefed on the nature of this study and
my role in it and
have been given the opportunity to ask questions before agreeing to
participate.
I understand that my role in this study is as a respondent and that this
questionnaire is
for purely academic purposes. I understand that no private or confidential
information
is required from me.

I fully understand that I am not obliged to participate in this study and
that I am free to
withdraw my participation at any time without having to explain or give a
reason.
I am also entitled to full confidentiality of the details of my
participation and
my personal details. I understand that some or all of the data may be used
(quoted) in the report
on the evaluation for illustrative purposes but I shall not be
identifiable from this data
either in the body of the report or in appendices.

I acknowledge that deception and concealment are inappropriate to and not
required in this study
and that no attempt will be made to elicit information or actions from me
using these means.

======================

START OF QUESTIONNAIRE

======================

9938222 -at- student -dot- ul -dot- ie

Please send this questionnaire with answers and the title "Software
Packages Study" to
the above email address by 18:00 GMT, 26th November 2004. Only one set of
answers per
respondent will be accepted.

For the first twenty-three questions, simply place the appropiate number
between the brackets
on the same line as the question. For question twenty-four, please type an
answer (if any)
between the brackets following the question.

Blank = Never Use

1 = Less Than Once A Week

2 = Once A Week

3 = Less Than Once A Day

4 = Once A Day

5 = More Than Once A Day

How often do you use any edition of:

1. Adobe Acrobat [ ]

2. Adobe FrameMaker [ ]

3. Adobe GoLive [ ]

4. Adobe InDesign [ ]

5. Adobe PageMaker [ ]

6. Adobe Photoshop [ ]

7. Apple AppleWorks [ ]

8. Apple Keynote [ ]

9. ASC AuthorIT [ ]

10. Bare Bones Software BBEdit [ ]

11. BroadVision Quicksilver [ ]

12. Corel Wordperfect [ ]

13. Deneba Software Canvas [ ]

14. InBit Fullshot [ ]

15. Macromedia Dreamweaver [ ]

16. Macromedia Flash [ ]

17. Macromedia RoboHelp [ ]

18. Microsoft Office [ ]

19. Microsoft Visio [ ]

20. Quark XPress [ ]

21. TechSmith Camtasia [ ]

22. TechSmith SnagIt [ ]

23. Other Packages [ ]

24. If you use software packages outside those explicitly named above,
please describe them:

[

]

Thank you for taking the time to complete this questionnaire.

END OF QUESTIONNAIRE

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com