Re: Posted Pay Ranges & Government Jobs

Subject: Re: Posted Pay Ranges & Government Jobs
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:52:32 -0500

Suzette Leeming wrote on 11/26/2004 11:10:56 AM:
> When there is a pay range, the thinking is that
> with the inability to advance financially in the position,
> they risk losing an employee after a year or two.

I'd tell any HR drone that told me that: "Knowing that you're playing me
for the fool and, for no reason other than luck of the draw, paying
someone else thousands more for the same job will guarantee I'll leave
post haste."

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

PS: Guess I'll be Googled on this and be judged to have a poor attitude or
not be a team player. :(

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com