RE: Been googling lately?

Subject: RE: Been googling lately?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:57:47 -0500

> I have to disagree, Greg. I have been biting my tongue on
> this for several months, but given the many recent and
> not-so-recent ugly techwr-l threads, I have to spit it out.
>
> I can state for a fact that I have received in the past a
> resume from one of our more disputatious fellow list members,
> and I filed it in the circular bin immediately. You see, the
> person in question is so argumentative and often rude on this
> message board that I couldn't even imagine a job interview
> with him/her, let alone sitting next door and working
> together! Experience is nice, but at in my company's culture,
> a can-do/will-do attitude and the ability to "go along to get
> along" occassionally are worth that much more. If I might
> translate and rephrase an old
> adage: There's no such thing as "Can't"; there's only
> "Won't". At my place, the Won't-ers need not apply.

I'm sure whoever you are referring to in this post is glad you did what you
did. Honestly, what did you hope to gain by such a post as this? To frighten
people into silence? This sort of behavior is far more shameful than being
grumpy, in my opinion.

> Fellow members near and far: Remember that next time you
> insist on having the last word (many times over, I might add)
> or duking it out in a very ugly manner on the message board.
> It really DOES matter. I had to finally say it. I have been
> waiting for someone else to say it in my place for a long
> time. Since it hasn't happened, here it is.

Oh, bosh. Grow up. Stop indicting whole classes of people. What you've done
is supremely cowardly and unfair to all the other people here besides the
one that's got your panties in a wad. How's that for incriminating talk, eh?

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com