Re: Been googling lately?

Subject: Re: Been googling lately?
From: TechComm Dood <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:52:33 -0500

Well, I guess since we don't know who you're talking about or who you
are, or what company you work for, I guess we're all safe then, right?
*vbg*

Seriously folks, Anon has a point, and so do others (like me). On one
hand, people are going to monitor mailing lists and google their
applicants to see what they're potentially letting through the door.
If you're afraid of what someone might be able to dig up, then
straighten up and fly right. If you prefer not to hide your
personality and are willing to let the chips fall where they may, have
a blast.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 10:57:34 -0800 (PST), Anonymous Poster

> I can state for a fact that I have received in the
> past a resume from one of our more disputatious fellow
> list members, and I filed it in the circular bin
> immediately. You see, the person in question is so
> argumentative and often rude on this message board
> that I couldn't even imagine a job interview with
> him/her, let alone sitting next door and working
> together! Experience is nice, but at in my company's
> culture, a can-do/will-do attitude and the ability to
> "go along to get along" occassionally are worth that
> much more. If I might translate and rephrase an old
> adage: There's no such thing as "Can't"; there's only
> "Won't". At my place, the Won't-ers need not apply.
>
> Fellow members near and far: Remember that next time
> you insist on having the last word (many times over, I
> might add) or duking it out in a very ugly manner on
> the message board. It really DOES matter. I had to
> finally say it. I have been waiting for someone else
> to say it in my place for a long time. Since it hasn't
> happened, here it is.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com