RE: Usability study?

Subject: RE: Usability study?
From: "Wright, Lynne" <lwright -at- positron911 -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:51:51 -0500

So what do you do in a situation where the document you are reviewing is totally sub-standard in every way.... unclear/confusing/grammatically incorrect writing, diagrams that don't make sense, document has no logical organizational structure, and its full of technical mistakes and contradictions?

This is the problem I've had with two "veteran" writers here... they resent/resist/ignore my editorial comments because they think their work is wonderful. My boss has put the onus on me to fix a sour relationship by providing a list of positives with my negatives, but try as i might... i can't find ANYTHING to complement them on!