RE: Research Questionnaire

Subject: RE: Research Questionnaire
From: "Paul Neshamkin" <pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:55:47 -0500

You may laugh, but this is amazingly close to the truth. In about 1975, I
was a consultant to an unnamed company, whose initials are IBM. The task was
to record some of the earliest 3-D computer animation. After hours at Thomas
Watson Research Center, the most powerful existing computer spent about 30
minutes creating a single image of 3-D wire frame animation generated by a
robot that was recording its own movements. I set up a stop-motion camera to
record each of these images off the monitor as it was created. The resulting
animated 35mm film was the only way that we could capture and save these
images. Needless to say, it worked beautifully.

Regards,

Paul Neshamkin
pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com

MS Help MVP
ComponentOne Doc-To-Help MVP and Certified Trainer
WexTech MVP, Certified Doc-To-Help Trainer

The Paul Neshamkin Group
http://www.helpauthors.com
201-714-9525