RE: T.W. Background

Subject: RE: T.W. Background
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 13:22:07 -0600

Anthony Hernandez asked:

Where did you go to school?
Rochester CTC (Twice-about a year after high school, and then for about
two years seven years later after roaming the country)

University of Minnesota-Twin Cities*
*I only took two classes on the St. Paul campus in my 2+ years with the
U. The rest of the classes were Distance-based, ITV, Internet-based, and
a handful of classes where the instructor was in Rochester.

What was your major?
Scientific and Technical Communications

How did you end up in this industry?
I was originally going to major in journalism, but technical writing
seemed more interesting when the time came to transfer from the
community college I was at--that and the fact that the U started a
branch campus in Rochester with S&TC as one of the majors. In my
opinion, everything pointed towards it.

Does its future look bright?
To borrow a line from the '80s song... The future's so bright, I gotta
wear shades. If you had asked me two years, I probably would not be as
optimistic. But right now, things are looking good.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone-- your Airborne Office
Verizon Airfone keeps you informed and in contact with colleagues,
co-workers, and family from the moment you settle into your seat. Make
progress every day with Verizon Airfone.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com