RE: If X is first, what is the second?

Subject: RE: If X is first, what is the second?
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:31:18 -0500

John,

Your original first sentence was:

"After installation, the first person who launches the Administration
Console becomes, by default, the [Application] System Administrator with all
right and permissions.

This is your final version of the rest of the text:

> "That person can remain System Administrator or can
>assign that role to other users.

One or the other, right? So, either the person who launches the console
stays system admin or gives the role to other users <plural>?

Subsequent administrators can
> assign that role to other users or remove other System
> Administrators. The [application] does not place a limit on
> the number of System Administrators."

So are you saying the following (my preferred order and wording of the
sentences):

( 1 ) Any number of users may be System Administrators.

( 2 ) The person who launches the Administration Console for the first time
is the default System Administrator. That person has all rights and
permissions.

( 3 ) The default System Administrator can assign the role of System
Administrator to any number of users.

( 4 ) Any System Administrator may remove any other System Administrator.

Sounds like a place where they're going to need a lot of chocolate. ; )

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com