Re: Tables - Frame Maker

Subject: Re: Tables - Frame Maker
From: Sheila Carlisle <scarlisle -at- axialinfo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 12:34:54 -0800

Shekhar, this would be better addressed on either the FrameUsers list ( http://www.frameusers.com ) or else on the Adobe website's User-to-User forums ( http://www.adobeforums.com ), but yes, there are a couple of ways to do this programmatically, both involving the FrameMaker MIF format (an ASCII text format of the .fm binary file).

One would be to use FrameScript, see http://www.framescript.com

Another would be to add the appropriate MIF statements for the additional rows/columns (and possibly for the additional text, too) using a scripting tool (perl, or even good old S&R by Funduc ( http://www.funduc.com ).

Sheila

Shekhar Basavanna wrote:

I need a small info...I have a work wherein I have a .fm file in which
1000s of rules are described. For each rule there is a tabular column
present...Table is 4rows and 2 columns...I need to insert one new row with 2
column and update the info..Since the number of rules are actually in
thousands, is there any automated way of adding a row in one shot to all the
tables present in the frame maker document???

Sheila Carlisle
Axial InfoSolutions Inc.
Automated Publishing Solutions / XML Publishing Solutions
http://www.axialinfo.com http://www.miramo.com

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com