Job prospects in Canada, US, the planet?

Subject: Job prospects in Canada, US, the planet?
From: lyndsey -dot- amott -at- docsymmetry -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 13:29:36 -0500

I've been asked to give a talk at the local college here in Winnipeg on my experiences as a TW. The students of the two-year Tech Comm program are particularly concerned about their job prospects when they leave the program. I've been asked to talk about job prospects in Montreal, where I lived for about ten years before I moved here 16 months ago. Well, when I left Montreal, I'd been out of work for 18 months, so I think it might be a good idea to talk about job prospects in other places so that I don't discourage all these eager students. Right now, I'd say that the prospects are pretty grim the world over except India, but that they are beginning to improve despite John Posada's recent news. The students are willing to move in order to find work, so I would like to hear from you: what is your impression of the current and future TW job market in your city?
Lyndsey Amott
www.docsymmetry.com
Winnipeg, MB R3G 2J3

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com