Re: Maybe things ARE getting better...

Subject: Re: Maybe things ARE getting better...
From: "Keri Morgret" <kerilists -at- morgret -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 15:10:50 -0800 (PST)

I know of one currently that says:

"Bachelor?s degree in a english, journalism, communication, computer
science or related discipline and four years of experience is desired. Two
years of work experience may be substituted for each year of education not
completed."

They're still looking for some experience, but not 15 years in a specific
technical field.

"Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's degree in English,
> Communications, Journalism, or related field, with prior experience
> in technical editing, technical writing or journalism."
>
> This is probably the first tech writer position I've seen posted in at
> least a year that didn't call for years of experience in the hiring
> company's specific technical field.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com