Re: Horrible Situation

Subject: Re: Horrible Situation
From: Dick Margulis <margulisd -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 06:24:31 -0500

Tech Comm.... wrote:

So where do I stand?
Am I liable for the entire documentation process when I am not in full
control of document.

Please Guide me.

1. What country are you in?

2. What is your employment status (employee, contract agency employee, independent contractor, consultant)?

3. What is the law in your country relative to the liability of individuals having your employment status?

If you were an employee in the US, the worst that could happen is that you'd be fired and, depending on how nasty the employer is, you might have to fight them over eligibility for unemployment insurance. If you were an independent consultant in the US, you might be looking at a lawsuit to collect your fee.

As for your responsibility relative to the project, I think you should have looked at the scope of what they were asking you to do at the outset and told them how unrealistic their expectations were. Now it's a little late for that; all they know is that you didn't meet their expectations.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com