Re: Self publishing

Subject: Re: Self publishing
From: oudeis <oudeis -at- tampabay -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:09:44 -0500

At 05:28 PM 12/8/2004, Dick Margulis wrote:

David (and Laura),

POD has valid uses, to be sure. It can be had at much lower prices than what Trafford charges, however. Trafford and other vanity publishers are charging for their value-added services, and I question whether their services are as valuable as they want you to think.

In the case of technical manuals, marketing and distribution are not factors. The same for any other situation where the author is competent to manage the marketing end. So the question comes down to short-run/POD vs. lower-cost/longer-run/offset. And that decision has to be made case by case.

Dick

I agree with Dick on this. Nonetheless, I thought I'd pass this along. It just came in the latest Writer's Weekly newsletter:

Which POD publisher is the most author-friendly?

Mark Levin, a Georgetown University graduate who practiced
corporate and entertainment law for 10 years, has dissected,
analyzed and ranked the contracts, costs and reputations of
73 top POD and ebook publishers.

Mark Levin ranked Booklocker.com as the #1 POD publisher!

To read more about MARK'S BOOK, here:
http://www.writersweekly.com/books/1804.html

To read more about BOOKLOCKER.COM, click here:
http://publishing.booklocker.com/

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com