RE: Seeking counsel - yet another difficult work situation (very long!)

Subject: RE: Seeking counsel - yet another difficult work situation (very long!)
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 15:21:30 -0800

I am the rare extrovert tech writer, although at my core, I am a terribly
shy person. When I was a child, speaking to people I didn't know was a
nightmare. Just terrible. Extroverts can be very shy people but after you
know us, you can't shut us up. No really, shutting me up is a trick!

But I developed all sorts of skills and tricks, like the one below, to deal
with being shy. I adore public speaking and find that consistent with being
shy. When I speak publicly, I know my topic and I am the center of attention
and can make people laugh. I LOVE those feelings. Hence, the extrovert.

But to talk to people I don't know at a social event or meeting or
something? Still terribly hard. I don't know what to say. I fumble and
stumble and look like a dork. Hate that feeling.

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
951-369-8590