Re: Striving To Increase The Page Count Was: Estimation of the number of pages...

Subject: Re: Striving To Increase The Page Count Was: Estimation of the number of pages...
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 09:14:17 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sherry Michaels" <sherry -dot- michaels -at- docntrain -dot- com>

> I've been watching this thread with interest, and I agree with Sharon.
> As early as possible, you have to have an idea of page count for estimation
> purposes.

I never include page counts in our project estimates. We base ours on
topics covered, and let the pages fall where they may. We don't even
bother to count them unless we have to fill out the pagination sheets for
a print vendor. The only times I recall number of pages enteirng into
one of my project estimates was when there was a *limit* on the number
of pages that could be in the documents, based on allowable volume in
the product packaging or weight limitations.

Gene Kim-Eng

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com