WebHelp Search problem when viewed on Macintosh OS

Subject: WebHelp Search problem when viewed on Macintosh OS
From: "Joe Campo" <joe -dot- campo -at- solidworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:30:47 -0500

I have a RoboHelp HTML help project from which we generate compiled help
and WebHelp for display on Windows. I want to use the WebHelp as the
help for a Macintosh version of our application. TOC is fine. Index is
acceptable, but not perfect. Search is where I am looking for your help.

When viewing the WebHelp on the Mac, the Search lists the occurrence of
every word, followed by the number of each occurrence. There is no
search box into which you can type a search term. See example below for
what appears in search:
any 12345678910
art 123456
assembly 12345678

This means the word "any" is used 10 times in the project. You click on
a number and the topic where that occurrence of that usage appears. The
word "art" is used 6 times, and so forth alphabetically. Pretty useless
search.

Does anyone know anything about this problem?
Does anyhow have any idea about a possible work around?
Does anyone know how the WebHelp creates its search because maybe
there's something we can substitute to make it work?

I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks.

JoeC

Joseph Campo
Technical Writer | Documentation Department
SolidWorks Corporation | 300 Baker Avenue, Concord, Massachusetts 01742
USA

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com