RE: MLK Day...

Subject: RE: MLK Day...
From: "D.H.White" <trlbldr -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 12:40:51 -0500

I believe we should honor Dr. King's birthday. He was a major force for
change, change long overdue and change accomplished, in the main,
peacefully. Much more peacefully than that during the mid 1860s. My only
complaint is that we don't honor his birthday on his birthday; we have
turned all such honors to our own advantage by making them into 3-day
weekends or holidays rather than marking the day of the person. But then,
I'm a walking anachronism, anyway.

By the way, here in the Commonwealth, we mark this holiday weekend as
Lee-Jackson-King Day to remember Robert E. Lee, Thomas J. Jackson, and Dr.
King. Although I have no problem with this, it is quite a juxtaposition and
more than a tad ironic.

Don White
trlbldr -at- comcast -dot- net

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com