Re: Gmail for Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Gmail for Tech Writing
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:37:36 -0800 (PST)

Ed Wurster wrote:
> Whenever a team member sees something worth keeping,
> they can email it to one of the doc accounts...And
> best of all, everyone understands email!

You jest... but actually, that is pretty much how organizations abuse
Outlook or even Lotus Notes for document management. Ask any overworked
Exchange administrator.

Anyway, management would shut it down the first time they opened their
docs in gmail and a competitor's ad popped up.

Mike O.

http://my.yahoo.com

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l

Technical Communication Certificate online - Malaspina-University College, Canada. Online training in technical writing, software (FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Dreamweaver, Acrobat), document & web design, writing manuals, job search. www.pr.mala.bc.ca/tech_comm.htm for details.

archiver -at- techwr-l -dot- com