Re: [Fwd: Re: Is this really a tech writing job?]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: Is this really a tech writing job?]
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:57:42 -0800

Dick Margulis wrote:

My self-respect (and, incidentally, my respect for others) has nothing to do with money. And I do my best to discourage others from using pay scales as a way to determine how much respect they should afford people. As others have said in this thread, respect is something you earn through your behavior, not by waving around your paycheck. Or your job title. Or your box on the org chart. Doing your job well, acting with integrity, articulating your ideas and beliefs, standing up to bullies--these things can garner respect from others regardless of your financial condition.

Thanks, Dick - you're saying exactly what I wanted to say on the subject. If you earn act in the way you suggest, you'll have the only type of respect that matters: self-respect. If you don't have that, you'll never have the respect of others.
--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield

http://www.webworks.com/techwr-l