RE: Creating PDF forms

Subject: RE: Creating PDF forms
From: "Partridge, Robert" <Robert -dot- Partridge -at- au -dot- unisys -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:46:25 +1100

Adobe Lifecycle Reader Extensions is something that sits behind your firewall
and provides this additional functionality to Reader live to users. As such
it is licensed per form and per user with minimums of 10 forms and 500 users
(though that may be negotiable). It's obviously marketed at the high-end
users (given the price! You need to speak to a rep to get a quote) and
there doesn't seem any provision for low end use.

I thought the price a joke really (tens of thousands of AU dollars) considering
that you can get similar functionality using secure web-based forms
for a fraction of the cost.

It's just a shame that these features aren't available in some cut back form
in the standard Reader and Full version of Acrobat.

Rob